December 10, 2013

Christmas Traditions...

This Christmas, James is noticing so much. In fact, here's a list of  what he's learned this past month alone: Enree (Henry), MORE, lights, Santa, horsey (reindeer), YA (yeah/yes), Meech (Mitch). 

He knows this time of year is special because it's not everyday there's a tree in our house decked out with ornaments and lights, and Teddy doesn't always wear a funny sweater with reindeer on it.

A photographer I follow on Instagram said this about her son that is James' age,

"I love watching him see things for the first time...We, as adults, take things like that for granted because we've all seen it done over and over but their fresh little eyes see everything as new and exciting."-Heather Glasby

And I couldn't agree more! I really want to be intentional about keeping Christmas traditions and I can't wait to create new memories for our family. So here's a short list of what I'd love to see my family partake in every holiday season...

  • make sugar cookies together!
  • read the nativity story on Christmas eve
  • make/have an advent calendar full of things for us as a family to reflect on and do 

What are your special Christmastime traditions? Anything you remember as a child?
I'm gonna go ahead and say maybe the Santa photos won't be James' favorite Christmas memories...

Why is Henry so chill? Ha! I love my baby Mitch!


Last year's Santa photo!








No comments: