January 16, 2013

Welcome, 2013!

Happy new year! Can you believe it's already 2013? Two-Thousand-Thirteen?! Geeze.

Well, I'm not sure if 2013 can outdo 2012, but I'm optimistic it's going to be a great year none the less. Here's a little year in review for you, and I seriously encourage you to do the same! It took me a few weeks to post this, but I'm glad I got a few minutes to sit down and do it!



January: About 34 weeks pregnant and so excited to meet our son. This was the last month we were the 3 amigos (Mitch, Ana + Teddy) before James joined the club!

February: Our precious baby boy, James Arthur was born on 2-13-12 at 2pm in the afternoon. Our lives were changed forever.

March: Getting used to parenthood and loving our son to the fullest. This is also the month that Mitch was asked to be a community pastor at our church, RockHarbor Fullerton.

April: We celebrated Easter, and took our son to his first Easter service at the Pacific Amphitheater! We also took James to LACMA for the first time. My heart was extra happy that day :)

May: Kind of a tough month for me, I had to go back to work, but it was also a happy month because we took James to Disneyland for the first time (so fun) + heard him laugh for the first time (so wonderful). Oh yeah, I also celebrated my 1st Mother's day.

June: Father's day= lunch in the park together as a family, and the beginning of summer!

July: We took our first family vacation! We love San Diego so so much. Can't wait to go back again this Spring/Summer. And this month my sisters stayed with us for a few weeks, which is always nice since they live in Florida.

August: James started to crawl and life got to a whole new level of crazy.

September: James was dedicated by our pastor and friend, Steve Carter. It was such a sweet moment for us as parents.

October: Prayers and dreams were answered as Mitch took on the role of Community Life Pastor at our church! There was a ton of celebrating :)  We also took our 8 month old Ewok door to door for candy. You might laugh, but I read that it can be good for a baby to go out trick-or-treating so they can meet new faces! It was a huge success.

November: Went to Arizona for Thanksgiving, and experienced thankfulness in a whole new way with our little turkey sitting next to us at the dinner table.

December: Baby's 1st Christmas! The day I had been looking forward to since before James was born. There's absolutely nothing like it. NOTHING.  


No comments: