October 11, 2013

DIY Bat Tree...

This is a re-post from last year, but I thought I'd share it just in case anyone wants to make it! If you do make one, let me know, I'd love to see yours!
~~~

Halloween is next week! So here's a fun little activity I modified from Martha Stewart Living to decorate your home, create with your babes, + put you in that ghoulish spirit!


1)Trace these bat templates onto black card stock (I used black construction paper) + cut them out following the template instructions. 

2)Using a tack, punch a small hole in the center of each bat. 

3)Poke a piece of thread (I used floss) through each hole and knot it. 

4)Tie the bats to a few branches (painting them with black acrylic paint is optional). 

5)Then place the branches in an old vase and fill with autumn leaves (real/plastic), or hang one branch from two pieces of thread secured to a window frame with flat thumbtacks. 

6)Have a happy Halloween! 

No comments: